PlantR is a non-profit based in Austin, Texas. Through training events and meetups, PlantR seeks to encourage leaders to start new churches. PlantR MicroConferences are a half day learning opportunity. The challenge is to encourage cash strapped missionaries to devote time and money to the event.
The PlantR board and Chris Morton worked together to define several tactics:
Exposure to known potential attendees through through owned media:
- Through mass emails, potential attendees were used encouraged to sign up for the event.
- Through mass emails, potential attendees to purchase discounted group tickets.
- Encourage attendees to join a monthly meetup group.
Equip existing members to share about the event:
- Existing members were given pre-written letters to help them invite new attendees about the event.
- Existing members were given pre-written letters to help them invite new attendees about group pricing
Exposure to new prospective clients through earned media:
- Blogging by members and supporting groups
- Emailed 213 potential customers, with a 41% open rate.
- Launched 4 regional meetup groups.
- Welcomed 147 attendees from 20 different organizations.